The Gunstock ski area in New Hampshire is located in Gilford, approximately 45 minutes from the capital city of Concord. This ski area offers family friendly programs and events as well as all the amenities you would expect in a Northeastern ski resort.
When you hit the slopes at the Gunstock ski area in New Hampshire, you can expect to find quality snow and a variety of ski trails. The basic mountain statistics include:
- 1,400 ft. vertical drop from the highest ski trail to the bottom of the resort
- 227 skiable acres including groomed trails and glades
- The ability to cover 90 percent of the trails with man-made snow, as needed
- 55 total trails, the majority of which are geared to the intermediate skier
- Runs as long as 1.5 miles
- Eight ski lifts
- Night skiing covering 21 trails and including five lifts
- Snowboarding on all trails
- A terrain park and tubing park
- Cross country ski and snowshoeing trails
- 120 inches of annual snowfall
- Five restaurants and two bars onsite
- A gear shop if you lose or break equipment
You can also take advantage of the free ski and snowboard check when you head inside for a short break from the slopes. This is a special amenity because most ski resorts charge a couple bucks to watch your skis when you stop to eat or take a break.
If you have a hard time getting up before noon, you can take advantage of the excellent night skiing at the Gunstock ski area. The resort stays open until 9:00 pm on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday nights and until 10:00 pm on Friday and Saturday. Not only can you still take advantage of 21 well-lit trails, night skiers also get special deals. Depending on which night of the week you hit the slopes, you can expect one of the following perks:
- 2-for-1 lift tickets
- Free equipment rentals
- Free instruction from ski pros willing to take a run with you and give you pointers
Gunstock Rocks Saturday Nights
In addition to all of the other night skiing amenities, if you want to head to Gunstock on a Saturday night you can enjoy an all-inclusive experience for only $35.00. That means you can tube, ski, rent equipment and enjoy a bonfire for a very low price. Additionally, Gunstock offers special events on Saturday nights as part of this promotion. Every Saturday night you can expect one of the following types of events:
- XBox games on big screen TVs
- Live bands
- Movie nights
- Magic shows
- Fire juggling shows
You can check the Gunstock Rocks Saturday Nights event page for details on event schedules.
In addition the the skiing itself, you can also take advantage of the many amenities the resort has to offer.
- Sign up for sleigh rides.
- Lodge at any of the available inns, hotels, spas or resorts.
- Eat at one of the many mountain restaurants or pubs, or travel to Gilford to dine in town.
- Choose a rustic vacation by camping on the mountain.
- Take lessons from trained ski pros to make your experience more rewarding.
Booking Your Ski Vacation
You can use the Gunstock website to purchase lift tickets and gift cards. You can also search for lodging that will meet your vacation needs, booking your reservation once you've chosen the perfect dates and location.