Finding a ski package deal not only saves you money but it can also save you many hassles while you are on vacation. There are many packages available that are designed for families and not only include skiing but a range of other fun activities. Since there are plenty of ski resorts that cater to families, you can try a different resort each year or stick with the one where you feel most comfortable. If you're looking for affordable packages with lots to offer, try one of these locations.
Fun Family Ski Packages
Many resorts give discounts to children or even allow them to stay and ski for free. Other vacation packages combine conveniences so all you need to do once you arrive is enjoy the resort with your family and have fun.
This top-rated resort is located in Vermont and is a favorite among families. According to reviewers from On The Snow, this resort has great terrain and is family friendly.
There are three ski packages available at the resort. The packages are Base, Classic and Summit and include lodging and lift tickets as well as use of the resort's indoor FunZone. What makes each package unique is what else is offered. The Base package includes everything that will make for a budget-friendly vacation while the other two include lessons, childcare and discounts on camps. Also included with all packages is ice skating, use of cross-country and snowshoe trails, nightly family entertainment and a guided walking tour.
To book a package, you can call 877-465-9311 or use the online reservation option.
Located in Colorado, Steamboat Springs is one of the most popular family ski resorts. The resort offers kids-only terrain and lifts such as a frontier fort and the Beehive terrain park. The resort also offers childcare and ski programs designed for kids and teens. Reviewers on TripAdvisor rave about not only the skiing for all levels and abilities but the great customer service and outstanding accommodations.
Steamboat features several packages that are ideal for families and offer great savings such as:
- Ski Town USA: This package includes a 25 percent discount on lodging and lift tickets and requires a minimum of eight nights lodging and six days of lift tickets for each adult. Kids can ski and rent equipment for free with each adult in the package.
- SnowSaver Package: This package gives you a savings of up to 20 percent on both lodging and lift tickets. With each adult reservation you can earn up to $150 in Boat Bucks, which can be used at a variety of restaurants and shopping locations at the resort.
You can either book a package online or call 877-783-2628.
Crystal Mountain offers the Simply Ski and Ride Package. This package includes lodging and an open to close downhill lift ticket per person, per night. Kids ages eight and under stay, ski and can eat breakfast for free. For children ages nine and up, there is a fee of $21 per night. Crystal Mountain offers family-friendly activities such as ice skating, bonfires, outdoor hot tub, family bingo and game nights, snow castle building and movie rentals. In addition, the resort also offers childcare and features an indoor kids zone.
You can book online or reserve a package by calling 800-968-7686, extension 5100.
This Wyoming resort has something to offer everyone in your family. For kids aged six months to 17 years, there is a Kids Ranch that offers age-specific activities and lessons. Jackson Hole also features guided tours, snowmobiling, shopping, dining and multi-day camps. Reviewers on Ski.com mention that Jackson Hole is not only fun for the skiers in the family but has a lot offer those who stay off the slopes as well. The resort has beautiful scenery as well as challenging terrain.
Some ski packages available are:
- Ski Free: This package offers a free ski lift ticket for each night of lodging. It is based on quad occupancy and requires a minimum of four nights of lodging.
- Lodging, Lift, Lunch: This package features lodging in a condo, three day lift tickets per person, and three days of lunch at Nick Wilson's. It is based on per person rates.
You can book a package by calling 1-800-433-8613 or visit Jackson Hole Reservations online. To book an all-inclusive package that includes air, you can call 1-888-733-4005 or use the link on the website.
Tips for Vacation Planning
When searching for an ideal package for your next family trip, consider the following questions:
- Is the resort geared towards children? Find out if there are a range of slopes that can be enjoyed by skiers of all abilities.
- Are child care or children's activities part of the package?
- What other activities are offered?
- Are food and drinks part of the package?
- Can you get a discount on airfare or a rental car?
Single Day Trips
If you are looking for family ski package for a single day of skiing, there are several options available. Many resorts will give children a discounted or free lift ticket when an adult purchases a ticket, or offer free ski rentals to children with the purchase of an adult rental. You can also check your local ski resort's website for last minute promotions and savings. Many sites will allow you to sign up to be on their mailing list to receive offers via e-mail.
Enjoyable Vacation Packages
Ski packages can make a vacation more enjoyable since you will be saving money and time with everything thought of and planned for in advance. Always shop around for the best deals. If you find a package on a website that interests you, comparison shop to see if another site is offering the same package at a lower price or includes more features.