Take a day to ski at Sugar Bowl Ski Resort. This resort has everything from skiing to sledding and even a spa!
Sugar Bowl Ski Resort Location
Sugar Bowl is located in Norden, California which is three hours from San Franciso and 45 minutes from Reno, Nevada. The resort sits on top of Donner Summit in Tahoe and boasts an elevation of 1,500 vertical feet. The resort receives 500 feet of snow each year.
Information On The Resort
Sugar Bowl has 84 trails on 1,500 acres of skiable terrain. It has four peaks and 13 ski lifts. The lifts include high speed quads, doubles, one gondola and one surface lift. There are beginner, intermediate and advanced trails making it possible for skiers of all skill levels to enjoy the mountain. There is even a terrain park featuring a half pipe and a learners area.
The various trails vary in length with the longest being over three miles long. A day of skiing at Sugar Bowl is sure to bring enjoyment for the entire family.
Lessons are available for both children and adults. They cater to skiers and boarders of all levels and terrain types. There are also private lessons and coaching clinics offered at the resort. Free lessons are open to anyone with a season pass or lift ticket that is eligible. The free lesson is for any level of skier.
Don't worry if you don't own your own equipment. Sugar Bowl has three rental locations including:
- The Main Lodge at Mt. Judah
- Mountain Sports Learning Center
- Village Rental Shop
In addition to high quality rentals, there is also a repair shop called Podium Productions at the resort. They are experts at tuning and waxing.
There are three retail shops at the resort. They feature almost anything that you could possibly need for skiing or snowboarding. The latest gear and accessories are always on hand as well as clothing and apparel from the top brands.
Other Resort Attractions
Skiing is, of course, the biggest attraction at Sugar Bowl. For those who aren't interested in spending the day on the slopes, Sugar Bowl Ski Resort has many other attractions. There are a wide range of activities for the whole family to enjoy. For example, the following attractions are offered at the resort:
- Events are held at the resort throughout the year. Events include golf tournaments and wine tastings.
- Sledding is open for young children. The resort asks that sleds are limited to plastic versions only.
- Take a Dog Sledding Cruise in a hand-made sled. You can be pulled by huskies either during the day or at sunset. This will be one cruise that you will never forget.
- Snowshoe Tours are available. Tours include sightseeing at Sugar Bowl and the area around the resort. You can learn about the resort's history while taking in the scenery.
- Take time to relax at the Summit Spa. From massages to treatments, this will be one experience you won't want to miss.
Did you know that Walt Disney helped pick the location of Sugar Bowl back in 1938? Disney saw the resort as one of the prime locations in the area. Sugar Bowl is also known as the resort to have had the first ski lift in California.